Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Troubling statistics on smartphone usage

I came across this short article on ABC News about some recently released statistics from the Pew Research Center on American's smartphone usage; statistics that pretty much sum up what I've felt was the current state of affairs regarding smartphone usage.

Click here to read the article.

I can tell you I'm in that 7% group that use their smartphone as their primary internet source. That's not because of my economic situation or lack of other Internet sources.

For me is about choice.

I could pay for home internet service, but my cell phone service provider actually gives me truly unlimited data plus a fair amount of mobile hotspot and/or tethering. I don't watch tv except for my local channels which I get through my digital tv antenna. I either rent movies from Redbox or rent/buy them from the Google Play Store. (The later allows me to download movies to my phone so I can watch them offline. That's a godsend on long flights with no Wi-Fi onboard!)

So what say you...are you dependent on your smartphone for your internet needs? If so, is it by choice or other extenuating circumstances? Sound off in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment