Thursday, March 14, 2013

Google/Nielsen Report on How Mobile Drives Conversion

Came across this great report written up by Google/Nielsen that very finely details what I have known for some time but could not eloquently express to either myself or others.


A lot of the statistics provided in the report, found by clicking here, is a very interesting read and is worthy of a good 15 minutes or so to get through it and let the information sort of seep in.  If you are anything like me, (that is, NOT a cyborg and breathe air and drink water (sometimes beer),) then you will see yourself in these statistics.  Common thoughts that fly by when perusing this report are "yeah, I do a lot of searches around noon," "it's true, I do a lot of searches while I'm at the establishment I'm currently at (restaurant, retail store, etc.)," and "wow, I didn't realize I was doing searches on my phone...I mean, I have a PC in the room right next door!"

This report is indicative of the direction our lives are taking...more and more we are becoming dependent on our mobile devices for our every day decision making.  Mobile devices will become more powerful, faster, smaller, (wearable perhaps?), and the while our lives become richer at the expense of becoming increasingly habituated to them.

Big H/T to +John Kellden via +Jim Banks 

No comments:

Post a Comment