Saturday, August 30, 2014

Apparently it's getting worse...

It's been nearly a year since I posted anything to this blog.  Life got in the way.  I apologize for the extended absence.  It is my sincere hope that I will maintain this blog updated in a more timely and consistent manner.  (I'm happy to announce that things are finally on the up-and-up.)

Since my absence I thought that perhaps mobile internet addiction had waned somewhat.  That things had somehow stabilized and people would not let their lives be consumed by their mobile devices.

Apparently I was wrong.

Apparently it's getting worse.

From the article:
"60% of students say they are addicted to their cellphones.  Some students even admit that they become agitated when they don't see their handset in sight."
What's more, women are spending approximately 25% more time on their cellphones than men...10 hours a day on average for women vs. 8 hours a day for men.  It is this excessive cellphone use that is causing a negative impact on students' academics, as reported in this research.

Read the full article here:  College students face cellphone addiction

FTA:  "...(the device) is a paradox in that it is freeing and enslaving at the same time."
More like imprisoning if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment